Summary of Position: Maintenance Volunteers will provide support for the ongoing operations of the Canadian Fire Fighters Museum through the cleaning and upkeep of its building, grounds and physical systems to maintain the highest level of professionalism and visitor service as possible.
Qualifications: Willing to gain an understanding of the Canadian Fire Fighters Museum, its mission, vision, policies and procedures and programs. They will have the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. Volunteers should have a willingness and ability to perform work that may be physically strenuous. They should have a willingness to work outdoors as well as indoors. Previous experience in maintenance, grounds keeping, or construction an asset, but not required.
Reports To: Museum Curator, and Director of Volunteers
Primary Duties: Activities will vary depending on the skills and experience of the volunteer(s) but will include some or all of the needs of the ongoing operations of the Museum.
• Assist with routine maintenance and grounds keeping
• Maintaining and/or repairing artifacts, exhibits, facilities or grounds
• Make recommendations on additional service artifacts,exhibits, facilities or grounds may require. Assist in the cleaning and upkeep of the Museum
• Assist with other tasks as required
Training Provided: Maintenance Volunteers will receive a comprehensive orientation to the facility and regular meetings with the Director of Volunteers and Museum Curator.
All Volunteers are responsible for submitting the following documents prior to the commencement of their volunteer work;
• Signed and completed Volunteer Application
• Completed Criminal Reference Check
• Signed Orientation/Guide Form
Time Commitment: minimum 3 hours per week preferred, minimum 3 months
Ethics: As a volunteer member you make a commitment:
• To learn the extent of your role and carry it out fully
• To participate in a way that maintains the professionalism of Canadian Fire Fighters Museum
• To keep certain information confidential
Grounds for Termination: Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
• Misrepresenting the Museum or its policies
• Breach of confidentiality
Contact Person: Director of Volunteers
Date Revised: July 2016
FILL OUT AN APPLICATION >>