Summary of Position: Reception Volunteers will provide administrative support for the ongoing operations of the Canadian Fire Fighters Museum.
Qualifications: Willing to gain an understanding of the Canadian Fire Fighters Museum, its mission, vision, policies and procedures and programs. Clerical and administrative experience would be an asset but is not required.
Reports To: Board of Directors Secretary, and Director of Volunteers
Primary Duties: Answer phones and greet visitors
• Provide support in the gift shop
• Book appointments and tours
• Keep stationary supplied stocked and order supplies
• Miscellaneous job duties as required by Directors
Training Provided: Orientation to the facility and regular meetings with the Director of Volunteers & Donor Relations and the Director of Finance & Administration to plan activities, monitor progress and provide data, background information and problem solving support.
All Volunteers are responsible for submitting the following documents prior to the commencement of their volunteer work;
• Signed and completed Volunteer Application
• Completed Criminal Reference Check
• Signed Orientation/Guide Form
Time Commitment: minimum 3 hours per week preferred, minimum 3 month commitment
Ethics: As a volunteer member you make a commitment:
• To learn the extent of your role and carry it out fully
• To participate in a way that maintains the professionalism of Canadian Fire Fighters Museum
• To keep certain information confidential
Grounds for Termination: Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
• Misrepresenting the Museum or its policies
• Breach of confidentiality
Contact Person: Board of Directors Secretary, and Director of Volunteers
Date Revised: July 2016
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION >>