Visiting the Museum
Hours of Operation:
Currently closed until further notice.
The Canadian Fire Fighters Museum is open May 21st to October 30, from 10 am to 4 pm.
During May, June, September and October, we are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
During July and August, closed Wednesdays only.
Tours are available by appointment throughout the year by calling: 905-885-8985.
Admission to the Museum is by donation. Contributions are greatly appreciated.
Museum Gift Shop:
Visit the gift shop at the Canadian Fire Fighters Museum and select from a fine assortment of fire-related collectibles, toys and clothing. Some items can be ordered online >>
The Museum is located in the historic town of Port Hope opposite the Ganaraska River, near a beach, picnic area, marina, and CP/CN rail lines.
By car: take Exit #464 off Highway 401, go south and follow the signs to the Museum at 95 Mill Street South in Port Hope, Ontario. View a Museum location map: click here >>
About Our Building:
The Museum has been located in the former Port Hope Town Sheds building since opening. While we are grateful for the Municipality of Port Hope’s generosity in providing this location free of charge, it has become increasingly inadequate for the Museum we want to be. Lacking not only “curb appeal” but proper HVAC and exhibit/storage space, this building is scheduled to be torn down in the next few years. We are looking for a larger, more suitable building in the heart of downtown Port Hope. Help us to make this a reality—donate.
The Canadian Fire Fighters Museum (Port Hope) is a Registered, Non-Profit Charity.
Charitable Registration Number: 11883 1049 RR 0001